Friday, December 18, 2009

Me and Mike

I've been thinking a lot about my marriage to Michael the last few weeks.  Many of our friends and family members have been going through difficulties in their marriages.  One of my friends even lost his wife a few weeks ago to cancer.  It has made me reflect on how lucky I am.  We stayed up late the other night talking about how easy it is to let a marriage go and not work on being best friends forever.  We work hard at getting along and even though we have disagreements and arguments at times, we always make an effort to show love and accept each other for who we are.  Mike told me he was glad he didn't marry someone "crazy"!  I guess that's a good thing (I've been successful in keeping him in the dark!).  I thought how fortunate I have been to be married to a man who sticks to his principles, who loves the gospel, who always wants to do what is right, and who loves me still, inspite of all my obvious flaws.  Tonight I get to go to a wedding reception for a girl in my ward who used to be one of my YW.  She is marrying a sweet boy from my home town of Chino Valley.  I will spend a bit more time thinking about my own marriage 16 and 1/2 years ago.  I love the man I married even more than I did then.  He is and always will be my very best friend.
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Have you really been married over 16 years!? Holy cow! Time flies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great post!
    I am also glad Mike didn't marry a crazy women. ;)
    But you are so right. So many couples give up on their marriages so fast! They don't try to work things out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike is wrong Bren. You are crazy. Crazy like a fox! I love this picture of you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! And AMEN on all accounts. I am assuming that your YW is the one marrying the Nickle boy. How fun! It's fun to see that picture again after all these years.

    ReplyDelete