Thursday, February 25, 2010

My latest creation.

It must be getting into spring, but we aren't there quite yet.  I love spring.  I love to be outside, do yard work (not that you could tell by the state of my back yard!), take slow walks, go to the park, and all that fun stuff.  But when you live in AZ, you get teased with spring a lot.  For example, last week, we had several days that were so warm and gorgeous.  I thought for sure we were heading into spring a bit early.  But this week we are back to colder nights, outside not warming up til it's too late to do anything, and just plain unproductive weather.  So, when I start to get bored with all the "inside" stuff, (a.k.a., cleaning, entertaining kids, t.v., etc), I try to find crafty creations that won't take me too long to finish and that are not too difficult (I don't want to get frustrated or ANGRY, it's supposed to be fun!) and that I can encourage my kids to do.
  This bag/purse is what I've been working on the past few days.  I guess I could have had it done in a few hours if I didn't have to make 3 trips to Walmart (I can never get out of any store without forgetting something, even if it is on my list), reading 50 books to Jax, sitting with Jax, playing with Jax, feeding Jax, changing Jax's diaper, etc.  It's a miracle I get anything done with that kid around.  Oh yeah, and the 4 other kids keep me somewhat busy as well.  Anyway, I found this cute pattern online for super cheap and it had the simplest and best instructions for a sewing pattern I've ever come across.  It was also fairly cheap.  I don't know if I'll keep it or give it away yet.  The girls want to make their own now.  I think I will make another one too, but I'll expand the pattern to make it big enough for a church bag.  What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. great bag. :) You are so crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally dig it! I just might have to find my sewing machine and actually use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! I love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you inherited your mom's sewing skills. Loved it. Love you.

    ReplyDelete