Friday, July 30, 2010

Flying by!

Summer is flying by.  It has gone too fast for me to keep up with this blog!  Last month was a whirl.  To start things off, we went on vacation!  It was the most interesting trip we've ever had as a family.  We let the girls each bring a friend with them so we had our hands full with kids.  We flew to San Antonio on father's day for several days.  We spent the first few days at Sea World (which is really just a water park with some sea animals!) and we all got sun burned.  The next few days were spent at Schlitterbahn.  It is an amazing water park.  I had fun watching the boys over come some fears and go on pretty big water slides.  Levi finally got enough confidence to start swimming for the first time which was awesome.  We also spent a day at the riverwalk and the Alamo.  It was a good trip, but Mike and I decided we weren't taking a trip of that magnitude again until Jaxson is a bit older.  He was a PILL!
Here are some pics of our trip: (my camera died so I didn't get many)
Jax melted in the humidity and heat!
cooling off with a . . . turkey leg?
The back of our hotel at Schlitterbahn reminded me of the cabins on Dirty Dancing.


Jordan and Emma right outside our rooms.
riverwalk tour
cannons at the Alamo

I also took the kids to my brother's and sister's houses for a few days and did some early school shopping.  It's a good thing because school starts next week and we are running out of time!

I have been busy getting my house cleaned and organized, and finishing projects around here.  We had an appraiser come out and do an appraisal yesterday so we were a bit frantic to get things done before then.  Here are some of the things I finished this month:
I put the last door on the armoir that i refinished and repurposed.

I finally finished the frame on the mirror.


made a new towel rack for the bathroom.  It still looks rough, I am planning on taking it when we move so I didn't fill the holes all the way on the wall since I need to put a towel rack back on.
and finally, I painted and filled the jewelry box.

1 comment: