Friday, March 5, 2010

spring project

As I may have mentioned before, I love spring.  I don't love spring cleaning though!  Spring makes me want to work on projects that require a bit of thought and have useful results.  I've been combing through some of my favorite blog sites and been inspired to start a new project.  The project I want to be doing right now is finding/refinishing a dresser for Tristan.  Unfortunately, I live in a small town where there is not a lot to choose from.  Our used furniture and Salvation Army are full of junk, and over priced junk at that!  It doesn't stop me from looking.  I frequent craigslist and ebay, but never seem to find anything in town.  Today however, I found a perfect little armoire.  I went to Salvation Army and walked through the furniture section with little hopes of finding anything.  The only cute furniture was already "sold".  Then, to my great surprise, the last piece of furniture on the way out was this adorable t.v. armoire.

This is it laying down in the truck.
It is even made out of real wood!  Another bonus was that today was 1/2 off day.  Everything in the store was 1/2 off!  My heart started beating fast as I realized that this could be my new project.  I got in line to buy it, and had to wait as two older ladies in front of me argued about who saw a couch for sale first.  I almost talked myself out of buying this little gem.  I called Mike and he said "get it".  So, I did it!  I am so excited.  I got home and wanted to bring it in and clean it up so I can get started on it tomorrow.  Sadly, Mike is still out of town and the thing (real wood remember) is so heavy I can't get it out of the truck.  I did manage to take the doors off and take out the drawers.

It's still too heavy.  I have plans to gut the inside. paint it, distress it, and put shelves in it to store . . . stuff.  I don't have any place in my house for such a cute piece, but that won't stop me now!  I'm thinking it's gonna end up red.  I've always wanted something RED!

2 comments:

  1. That is awsome, I think I am going to have to go rummage shopping with you. I never find good stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete