Wednesday, May 5, 2010

This is what I've done this week.

I have become addicted to home decor/remodel blogs.  I love them and looking at what creative women there are out there!  I am so envious!  I keep telling myself, "you can totally do that!", and then I find excuses not to do stuff I want.  Well, no more!  I may not have all the ideas that get people sparked up, but I can copy pretty well!  So, this week I made a coffee table tray out of an old picture frame that I picked up at a garage sale for $2!

  I painted a coffee table black, and now I am in the middle of refinishing a thrift store chair. 

I still need to get the doors done on my armoire, but it has been too windy to use my paint sprayer so it's gonna have to wait some more. 
On a side note, I may have spoke too soon on the house being sold already.  Foster luck is striking again and making things much more difficult than we had anticipated.  Oh well, we have a year to sell the thing so I guess it's okay. 
Meanwhile, I need to get over to my friends house to pick up her old piano.  I want to make something creative and unusual out of the awesome old thing!  

4 comments:

  1. The table looks awesome! And the piano is still here, so whenever you get around to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you moving? Are you building a new house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, we aren't building a new home, but we are in the works to buy our friends home which isn't even a year old. We just have to sell the one we are in first! I hate having to show my house to people. I can only see all the things that need to be fixed or are messy, so I am never optimistic about it selling. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete