Saturday, November 21, 2009

Terrific Table!

Last month we bought a bit of new furniture.  One thing we really wanted was a new table.  One where we could all sit down together and have a nice meal together.  We are usually very casual about dinner.  Even though we all eat at the same time, we rarely sat at the table together.  We found a great table that seats 8 and is comfortable for us all.  I decided that it was high time we made a tradition of having a formal dinner once in a while.  Namely for the holidays.  Our old blue dish set didn't match so great with the new table so I went on a search for affordable dishes that would be good for formal or casual dining.  I found a great deal!  Can you guess where I got it and estimate how much?  Yes, it includes the silverware, napkins, table runner, glasses, mugs, plates, bowls, and salad plates . . . for 8!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Here is my new table all decorated for our Thanksgiving feast which we will have tomorrow since we are going to be out of town for the actual Thanksgiving day.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I am way impressed where did you find all of that for $8?

    ReplyDelete
  2. how did i miss all these Posts?????
    Your table looks great and i love your new dish set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cute table, What I want to know is how long did the pretty table last?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, you crack me up! It was a setting for 8! And it cost under $100 at Walmart.com. Shan, the pretty table only lasted for about 10 minutes. I only did it for the picture, but we did use all the pretty stuff for Thanksgiving and we will likely use it for every holiday for the rest of our lives!

    ReplyDelete