Thursday, December 3, 2009

Vacation!



So, this was an interesting Thanksgiving.  Taylor's high school band planned a trip to Hawaii for six days, and we thought it would be great if Mike went along as a chaperone.  Since I didn't want to leave all the other kids with someone else during the holidays, I decided to stay with them and head out to Utah to visit my sisters and brother.  We knew it was going to be an interesting trip when Tristan threw up the whole way to Utah.
This was the kids after we landed in Salt LakePhotobucket  Utah was cold and covered in snow.  I loved it!  So did Tristan.  He just wanted to play in it all day.
Photobucket
After a delicious turkey dinner, we played a game of family soccer.  My brother and nephew schooled us all.  It was fun.  My dad challenged all the little kids to a race.  Levi was certain he would win.  Papa was the winner though, with Lauren coming in second and Levi third.  Levi consoled himself by saying that Lauren is older, and he just decided not to finish fast because he didn't really want to win anyway.  We were all worried that Papa would keel over, but after a short rest, he joined in on the soccer game.
Photobucket
Photobucket

The next day, we went Black Friday Shopping!  I've never done it before, and I had so much fun laughing at all the crazy women shoppers.  I did find some good deals too, but I don't know if it was worth getting up at 4:00 in the morning and waiting to get into Target in the 20 degree weather.  But, spending time with my sisters and niece made up for the sheer exhaustion.  I love them so much!

The next day we took all the kids to the discovery museum for kids.  They had a ball.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Jaxson loved all the attention he was getting from his cousins, and to be honest, SO DID I!!
Photobucket

After that we went to the temple square to let everyone see the temple lights and take a tour of the conference center.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Me and my siblings finally found time to get a picture together.  They are fun to be around.
Photobucket

Although I missed Mike and Taylor so much, I loved visiting my family.  And I know that Hawaii was a fun trip for them too.  I will post pics when I get them loaded.  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving holiday as well!

1 comment:

  1. Thanksgiving was way fantastic and I'm so glad you were able to come!

    ReplyDelete